School Rock Reservations
The school rock can be reserved by one family or group per day. Reservations may be made for either the front OR the back of the rock for $7 per day, or for the whole rock (if both sides are available) for $14 per day. Payment must be received via the following link:
School Rock Policies
- You may begin painting the rock at 3:30pm on the day before your reserved day (for example, if your reservation is for a Tuesday, you may begin painting the rock at 3:30pm on the Monday before).
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have trouble with the online system, please contact the administrator.
- All materials and painting supplies are your responsibility.
- ONLY the rock can be painted. Painting on sidewalks, lampposts, grass, or buildings is prohibited. Any damage or destruction to the surrounding areas or buildings will deem the group/organization financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs.
- What is painted on the school rock must be in good taste and may not contain any foul language, discriminatory or political remarks. Profanity and obscenities are not permitted. What is painted must be in accordance to the Scholars Academy student code of conduct.
- If the weather is inclement, you may reserve another date through the website, however, you may NOT move your date to the next day without first checking the online schedule and reserving that date. Sorry, no refunds.
- No person shall make, distribute, or display on the school’s campus, any statement, abbreviations or words that unlawfully defames any other person or organization.
- Properly discard all painting supplies when finished.
- Please be kind to our environment and recycle your empty paint cans!
Tips for Painting
- The most popular paint to use is spray paint. You will probably need 2 or 3 cans per side for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white). Please note that latex paint and paint that is rolled on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spray paint, which dries in several minutes.
- To paint your design, acrylic craft paint and craft or foam brushes are recommended. They are available at discount stores or any craft store.