Click here to access the Middle School Digital Collection login screen.
You can also go to www.gofollett.com
, select NC from the dropdown menu, and type in "Metrolina" in the school name box to select our school from the dropdown.
About the Scholars Academy Digital Collection:
- Pilot Program - Due to some grant money we received in 2013, we are piloting a digital library collection for our middle school students. This collection is currently very small and is not intended to replace the existing traditional collection. Rather, it is being added to further diversify our offerings in the middle school library. Students will have the option of accessing the collection from a device at school (such as computer or laptop) or at home on a personal device (such as smartphone or iPad). These books can also be accessed via smart board for potential use in the classroom.
- Getting Access - All 5-8 grade students who complete a library card application and all middle school staff will be issued a username (your school gmail address minus @scholarsacademy.org) and password to access the Scholars Academy Digital collection. Please contact the library administrator with questions, problems, or to reset your password. This username and password will remain the same throughout your child's time at the Scholars Academy. Note that this portion of our library collection will be available throughout the school year as well as the summer months.
- The Platform - Our digital collection is being managed using a platform called Follett Shelf. This system can be used in two ways: students can access eBooks online and make use of the built-in dictionary and integrated search tools. Or, they can download and view eBooks offline, which reserves the eBook for a set circulation period, and allows use of the search, highlighting, note-taking and copy/paste/print features as permitted by the publisher. Students can also access the collection using a mobile app (Brytewave K-12). Please click on the links below for more information on getting started.
- Device List and Technical Requirements
- Brytewave K-12 App
- Follett Shelf Quick Reference Guide
- Getting Started with Follett Shelf
- Providing Feedback - As this is a pilot program, we are very interested in receiving feedback (both positive and negative) on your experiences using this digital system. Please email the library administrator with any information you would like to share to help us going forward.